RE: Europa-List: Mounting the 914

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Mounting the 914
From: Simon Smith <jodel@nildram.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2003 16:56:59

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-europa-list-server@matronics.com
[mailto:owner-europa-list-server@matronics.com] On Behalf Of Steve Hagar
Subject: Europa-List: Mounting the 914

I was all ready to have an engine mounting party this weekend and have found
a discrepancy. The manual and the accompanying illustration call for An5-40
bolts to mount the engine to landing gear frame.  No bolts to be found.
However there was no listing on any bill of materials for these either.
Have others had to buy these as extra hardware? So I guess its a call to AC
Spruce.  The verbage in the manual calls for - 41 bolts, however the diagram
in the manual calls for -40's. Which gives a better fitup?
Input would be greatly appreciated.

Measure your MT03 spacers. If they are 42mm then you need AN5-40's. If you
have the newer MT03's that are 46mm long then you need AN5-41's (note no A).
Factory newsletters 28 & 29 refer.

Simon