Re: Europa-List: aileron mass balance

Subject: Re: Europa-List: aileron mass balance
From: Carl & Dot <carlp@ntlworld.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 21:29:57

Dont make the mistake we made of trying to balance the ailerons upside down
(ie: with the hinges at the bottom). They must be done in the same
orientation as though they were fitted to  the wings (ie: with the hinges at
the top).

We ended up drilling away most of the lead only to have to put it nearly all
back when we realised our mistake. For some reason upside down requires a
totally different balance to correct way up, we cant really think why (but
it does).

Anyway. we concluded that very little lead needs to be removed when you do
things correctly.

If you are not sure how to set up the balance, have a chat with Neville at
the factory.

Carl & Dot Pattinson
G-LABS