RE: Europa-List: Ultimate Ventilators Question

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Ultimate Ventilators Question
From: Kevin Klinefelter <kevann@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 06:22:07

I too have installed these ventilators. A hole saw of 1 7/8" was used for
the opening. I chose a position midway between the front and rear span of
the windshield, just below the thick reinforced part of the fuse molding,
and above the fuse moldings jogle. This puts the ventilator just above my
knee and just clears the panel glareshield. After I cut the holes it was
apparent that the skin is very thin and flexible there so I added two layers
of carbon bid to stiffen it up. The units were bonded in with redux from the
inside, a filet of redux around the 21/2" dia. edge.

Gary, glad to hear you like them, now that I have stuck these expensive
little things in my project! I just didn't want to go the Naca route.

Another option would be a sliding window vent like most sailplanes have. Has
anyone gone that route? Then you would have an opening to drop small objects
from!

Still working on the doors,   Kevin