Re: Europa-List: Throttle Cables

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Throttle Cables
From: Terry Seaver <terrys@cisco.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2003 09:35:19

Hi Paul,

Do cut the cables back to an appropriate length, re-using the fitting in the
outers
at the carb
end. Cut the ends of the inner (carb end) with a dremel wheel after first
soldering
at the place
to be cut, to prevent frayed ends.
We had the throttle cables get very 'sticky' just before first flight. No amount
of lube would
make it better. We took the outer part of the cable to the local bike shop and
got a replacement
outer, which lasted about 150 hours. We then got another outer, teflon lined
this
time, which
will hopefully last longer.

regards,