Re: Europa-List: Throttle Cables

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Throttle Cables
From: Gerry Holland <gnholland@onetel.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2003 17:41:01

Paul Hi!

> I am installing my throttle cables and they seem very long.  Where does all of
> the excess go?

Both Throttle and Choke cables need to be shortened fairly significantly. It
is possible to extract outer sheath from the nipple on end of sheath at
Carburettor end and then cut to suit. The nipple can be 'firmly' pushed back
on to the out sheath when length correct.

Cutting the inner cable needs care and a very sharp cutting device. There
are special cutters for this purpose. Not sure of cost. Bing inner cable in
tape and cut with Dremel cutting disc works well as per Rudder cables
earlier in the adventure!

The difference in 'action' between making them fit using supplied length to
modifying to suitable length is very noticeable.

Routing can also be varied to meet objective of smooth operation.

Regards

Gerry

Gerry Holland
Europa 384