Europa-List: Europa G-OWWW

Subject: Europa-List: Europa G-OWWW
From: Richard Holder <rholder@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 16:56:48

Team

I detected a random clicking in my headsets. Not all the time, just
sometimes, and not really very significant.

After some experimentation I have isolated it to : the Europa Electric Fuel
gauge system !

When the level in the tank is close to a threshold (say 1/2 to 5/8) the
gauge hunts between the two readings as the fuel is sloshed about. As the
reeds make and break there is a click generated in the headset !

I assume the solution is a capacitor across the fuel sender at the tank end
? Anyone got any ideas about the size ? Or can I put it across the gauge
terminals ?

The cable from the panel to the sender unit is 22AWG screened with the
screen as the earth.

Richard
Richard F.W. Holder                      01279 842804 (POTS)
Bell House, Bell Lane,                   01279 842942 (fax)
Widford, Ware, Herts,                    07860 367423 (mobile)
SG12 8SH                                 email : rholder@avnet.co.uk
Europa Classic Tri-gear : G-OWWW, EGSG (Stapleford)
PA-28-181 : Piper Archer : G-JANA, EGSG (Stapleford)