Europa-List: Bidford Fly-in

Subject: Europa-List: Bidford Fly-in
From: James NAYLOR <jim@naylor144.fsnet.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 21:31:26

UK flyers, builders and interested parties, don't forget our Annual fly-in
is on next Saturday 28th June, at Bidford on Avon Gliding Centre, There will
be a BBQ going on from about noon, or you can sample a bit of Italy from our
resident chef in the club house. Gliding flights will be available for
anyone wishing to try an alternate form of flying.
Bidford is a bit un-conventional so you must give me a ring for info on
arrival/departure procedures if you have not been before. There is no radio
control, but we use 129.975 to report joining and position in the circuit,
you may get a response for info on the radio, but if not just look out for
the landing 'T' next to the caravan at the Eastern threshold and land
accordingly. Circuits are always to the South, and always turn left directly
after landing just in case there is a glider right behind you, remember he
can't go around so he needs to know what you are going to do after your roll
out.  Don't be put off though it is not a difficult field and there is
plenty of room (800M) and armed with a bit of knowledge it all works well.
Phone me at home any evening on 01675 481504 or on the day, mobile for last
minute info 07947 897666

Jim Naylor