Re: Europa-List: Subaru Engine Mount design

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Subaru Engine Mount design
From: Nigel Charles <nigelcharles@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 07:36:43

>Whilst I am still deciding what engine to use, I am intrigued by a New
Zealand
Subaru engine produced by SUB4.<

The Subaru in whatever form is heavy. From the UK Subaru powered Europas it
is evident that it has about a 60lb weight penalty. Typically this means
that by the time you have 2 typical sized adults aboard and full fuel you
are already at MTOW (no spare payload for any baggage). This is probably the
main reason why you will see no new UK Subaru powered Europas in
construction.

Nigel Charles