Europa-List: Mods to Classic Mono-wheel

Subject: Europa-List: Mods to Classic Mono-wheel
From: Colin John Howard Richardson <cjh.richardson@virgin.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2003 14:14:48

I am about to carry out some major modifications to my Mono-wheel and would
appreciate
any hints and tips from those who have done these mods before.

I am changing the aircraft to a Tri-gear to obtain more control on my strip
which
has - in places - a transverse slope of  8 degrees.
Although nothing has happened so far I feel that a Tri-gear would give better
control
on the ground. As we used to say about  Harvard pilots, there are those
pilots who have ground looped it and those who are about to!

Because my strip is at an altitude of  940ft the present Rotax 912UL runs out of
steam in density altitudes above 1500ft at max gross. I am therefore changing
the engine to a 912S. Any information about snags - particularly improving the
oil cooling would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

John Richardson.

G-BXGG       Kit 178