Europa-List: Shrunken bulkhead templete

Subject: Europa-List: Shrunken bulkhead templete
From: ScramIt@aol.com
Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2003 11:29:09

Here's a copy of a note I sent to Europa:

My fuselage rear bulkhead seems to have shrunk, Or at least lost some height.
With all the lines lined up total height is 1/2 inch short and the wood
insert for the trim motor is 5 mm short and that box is printed all on the same

page. So it's not my poor alignment skills. The measurements for width seem OK.

Did it shrink at the printers? Is the width OK? Should I make it taller, and at

what point, 1/4 at both seams? Here's a picture to clear things up.
Photo:
http://homepage.mac.com/sdunsmuir/EuropaSite/Back%20of%20the%20boat/DSCN1613-t
b.html

Reply:
Hi Steve,
The printing may have compromised the scale, check the dimension of the cut
out for the ply is 245mm, if it does not tally, the easiest way would be to go

to Kinko's or similar, and have all the sheets coppied at 105 percent, or
whatever is needed to bring the template to the correct size.
This is something we have not come accross before.
Cheers,

Well, I didn't change the size, and built the smaller bulkhead the way the
drawing showed and not the text. It fit in the lower half with no trimming. I
fitted the top yesterday and the smaller templet is perfect. It fit with no
trimming needed. Just a note to keep the head scratching to a minimum.

SteveD.
http://homepage.mac.com/sdunsmuir/Europa.html