Re: Europa-List: Static charges, etc

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Static charges, etc
From: James Nelson <europajim@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 16:32:41

Right Dave,
        Sometimes the simplest way is best.  It easy to get deep in the
theory and what to do about those things. Just be careful, and keep a
fire extinguisher about 6 - 10 feet away.  Know how to put out a fuel fed
fire.  Have a breeze blowing is good in keeping the vapors away and in
concentrations to low to burn.  Don't get to wrapped up in our
dissertations and ramblings in the nether world of vapors.  I used to
design and build "gas houses" to fill aerosol cans with propane, iso
butane and other fine very flammable propellants for our consumers in out
ever throw away world.
        Have a ball building our fine aeroplane.  Got 43 hours on mine so
I am out of the restrictions and can go most anywhere I want now!!  Yea!!
 What a lovely flying bird..  BTW include a 8 to 10" trim tab on one of
the ailerons to keep things level.  Mine is 6" and is not enough to keep
my starboard wing down.  I have to have my tab about an inch up at the
trailing edge to keep the wings level.  I guess I just didn't have my
wings exactly the same when setting the angle of incidence with the pins.
  Oh well that is what trim tabs are for.

Jim Nelson
N15JN