RE: Europa-List: 914 fuel pressure

Subject: RE: Europa-List: 914 fuel pressure
From: Tony S. Krzyzewski <tonyk@kaon.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 13:55:45

>> Upon failure it's maybe 5 seconds 'til silence, and if early in
climbout, I don't like the idea of dealing with even first an aural
alarm by trying 2nd pump at a time where delay in setting up for forced
landing can be bad.

It's actually more than that. I reckon it was about 15 seconds before it
all went quiet in cruise. Then 5 seconds to realise what had happened,
10 seconds to restart - then two hours to rework the owner's panel so
that the pilot couldn't inadvertently turn off both pumps in flight when
he only meant to turn off the boost pump.

Tony