Re: Europa-List: 914 fuel pressure

Subject: Re: Europa-List: 914 fuel pressure
From: DJA727@aol.com
Date: Sun, 11 May 2003 00:18:59

In a message dated 5/8/2003 5:58:47 PM Pacific Standard Time,
fillinger@ameritech.net writes:

> Upon failure it's maybe 5 seconds 'til silence, and if early in
> climbout, I don't like the idea of dealing with even first an aural
> alarm by trying 2nd pump at a time where delay in setting up for forced
> landing can be bad.  The FAA has an AC advising mfrs (other than
> airliners) how to deal with the requirement to meet specified failure
> probabilities in critical systems.  Amazing how mere redundancy
> simplifies compliance!

I have a system that automatically starts the #2 pump if the #1 pump drops
below 1 psi. I would take off with this system in the "auto" mode. I am
running 3/8 inch aluminum tube for my return line, so I don't think there is
any restriction there. I continue to gather data on all of this.

Dave
A227
Mini U2