Re: Europa-List: Yaesu Handheld Posting

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Yaesu Handheld Posting
From: TELEDYNMCS@aol.com
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 11:48:36

In a message dated 4/24/2003 10:20:33 AM Eastern Daylight Time, VE3LVO@rac.ca
writes:

>  When I pointed out the failure of the set to perform as
> advertised, I was told that they aren't interested - and when I objected to
> that response and would distribute his answer widely (I had witnesses), he
> said I could go to Hell. That was my last Yaesu product.
> Ferg

Although I have no direct experience with Yaesu, that's the same thing I've
heard about them. My next door neighbor has a couple of Yaesu 2 meter
handhelds and they've been nothing but trouble for him. My HAM stuff is all
Kenwood and I wouldn't take a gold monkey for any of it. Both my handheld
Kenwoods are 10+ years old and still work like a charm. I have two Icom AC-5
handheld aircraft radios I bought last year at S-n-F that we use in our
sailplane operation for ground crew to tow plane com. Both have performed
flawlessly for over a year, despite being dropped several times onto
concrete. According to my watt meter (Bird Thruline) they output slightly
over 5 watts each.

Oh, stay away from anything with Alinco stamped on it unless you want
trouble.

Regards,

John Lawton
Dunlap, TN