Europa-List: Elmers Probond Polyurathane glue

Subject: Europa-List: Elmers Probond Polyurathane glue
From: Ronald J. Parigoris <rparigor@suffolk.lib.ny.us>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 08:46:25

> Anyone use Elmers Probond polyurathane glue anywhere on an Europa?

Anyone know if after time it will outgas or something and hurt epoxy/glass?

I have alot of experiance with foam core model airplanes. When you are bonding
foam, if the glue is at least as strong as the foam, you are fine. Probond is
amazing stuff. It expands and fills gaps great! It adheres great to EPP foam,
wood, metal. It is sandable but not super easy to do so. You have to keep in
mind
it expands, so use little and you must have parts held in place.

Looking at the Europa, I see that in hard to reach areas that foam does not fit
part great it could be far more useful than trying to get epoxy to fill gaps.

I have only been using it on foam for a few years now and has been holding up
great.

Ron Parigoris