RE: Europa-List: Elmers Probond Polyurathane glue

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Elmers Probond Polyurathane glue
From: Jeremy Davey <jeremycrdavey@btinternet.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 20:39:35

Ron,

The inner sleeves are already very well supported, in both the quick-build
and the DIY versions (and I saw yours before Wayne loaded them up last
Saturday - the quality of the work on them was excellent - I believe they
were a FlightCrafters set rather than a Czech one, but the same observation
applies to the Czech ones I've seen). I think I'm right in saying, however,
that the key load path is from the sleeve to the embedded outboard rib not
---From the sleeve to the foam. The way this interface is manufactured ensures
that this load path is good. You have nothing to worry about.

May I suggest two things?

Firstly, if you're concerned about the fit, call Neville at the factory
(+44-1751-433475) and speak to him. You won't get any BS. He's seen pretty
much everything in his time and I'd put money on him having the answer at
his fingertips.

Secondly, you seem interested in apply a technique from models to a real
plane. Are you sure you want to do that? Personally, I'd stick to the proven
techniques even if they're more work, and would check with the factory
before fixing something that may not be broken.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Jeremy

Jeremy Davey