FW: RE: Europa-List: Tailplane issue?

Subject: FW: RE: Europa-List: Tailplane issue?
From: Steve Hagar <hagargs@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 03:58:27

Ron:

After verifying my build  logbook I see that it wasn't my tube that was out
of round it was  actually  the bushings, and this seemed to be a pretty
prevalent problem at the time. If this is the case you may have a little
situation.  However a torque tube must have been used to set the positining
of the sleeve in the first place.   Check to see if your tube has excess
buildup of nickle plating.  Or do some probing to see if there is a burr or
something in the inner sleeve. Perhaps  a small amount of epoxy migrated on
to the inner surface of the bushing. Get a wooden dowel and turn it
slightly smaller than the sleeve id and bond some light sandpaper to it and
burnish  the inside  of the sleeve.

Steve

--- Steve Hagar
--- hagargs@earthlink.net