Re: Europa-List: Wing supports

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Wing supports
From: TELEDYNMCS@aol.com
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2003 12:51:02

Has anyone given any thought to using one of those roll around engine stands?
It seems like an engine stand that rotates could easily be used to support
either wings or the fuselage. Since they rotate, it would make it very easy
to flip either over for painting or building. I've seen cheap ones (<$75)
that will support 1000 lbs in Northern Tools catalog. A simple jig could be
made to pin to the end of the spar tang and, in my case, the tip end would
pivot on the hole for the tip nav/strobe light. With the fuselage it would
just bolt right up to the motor mount.

Comments?

John Lawton
Dunlap, TN