RE: Europa-List: Wing supports

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Wing supports
From: Peter Zutrauen <peterz@zutrasoft.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2003 12:29:00

I'm referring to supporting the entire wing with the spar "on it's flat
side" - 90 deg to the normal operating orientation (as the wing was
rotated around for painting). At only 1" thick or so, I was wondering if
there is a problem with concentrated bending moments on the spar at the
face of the first wing rib.

Still curious,
Pete