Europa-List: Strobes

Subject: Europa-List: Strobes
From: nigelcharles@tiscali.co.uk
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 11:42:34

>Just about to glue my top on but before I do. has anyone any info on effect
of srobe on antenna if strobe fitted on fin.. I have bought Airworld
Skyflash???<

I have this combination and it works fine. It is a good idea to use screened
wire between the strobe head and the control box.

>I understand that fitting the strobe on the fin is not recommended due
the fact that it can be seen from the cockpit and causes some distraction.<

I have not found it a problem. I can just about see it in my peripheral
vision when I twist around as much as I can to the left. The comment might
be more significant for those who are permitted to fly their Europa at night
but this is not allowed with UK registered kitplanes. If you intend (like
me) to use a single strobe the top of the fin is the logical place as it
is
most easily seen from there.

Regards

Nigel Charles