Europa-List: Centre Console Twin finger brakes - Tri-gear

Subject: Europa-List: Centre Console Twin finger brakes - Tri-gear
From: Richard Holder <rholder@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 12:09:14

Team

I am pleased to say that the PFA have now approved my twin finger brakes
modification, using the original tri-gear master cylinders, built onto a
support structure inside the centre console. The levers are extended by
bolting the tri-gear foot brake lever (with its curved shape) onto the
original "mono' type brake lever. This increases the mechanical advantage -
which IS needed !

For reference the mod number is 10786 and is applied to G-OWWW.

It is all installed, tested. The flight tests are now done, and the
paperwork has passed through the PFA and has arrived at the CAA. I am
assured that it will be processed by Tuesday which means that on Wednesday
when I get the bit of paper it will be free for me to fly.

To give you some idea of the time-delay frustration : the fuselage was
painted on the 2nd Jan and it was all ready by the
he 10th Jan. It has taken until 2nd April to go through all the hoops which
are required. Maybe just a week was lost due to the weather.

I just hope it is all worth while.

Richard
Richard F.W. Holder                      01279 842804 (POTS)
Bell House, Bell Lane,                   01279 842942 (fax)
Widford, Ware, Herts,                    07860 367423 (mobile)
SG12 8SH                                 email : rholder@avnet.co.uk
PA-28-181 : Piper Archer : G-JANA, EGSG (Stapleford)
Europa Classic Tri-gear : G-OWWW, awaiting paperwork