Re: Europa-List: CS04 tufnol bearings

Subject: Re: Europa-List: CS04 tufnol bearings
From: Ami McFadyean <ami@mcfadyean.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 09:55:28

Don't forget that these bearings expand in service; possibly from the
lubricant used by you, but  certainly from moisture uptake. Tufnol quote 3%
expansion in the fully water-saturated condition.

The point being that if they are set up too "carefully" (i.e. with only a
small amount of axial end-play) then they can later go tight.

Duncan McF.