Re: Europa-List: CS04 tufnol bearings

Subject: Re: Europa-List: CS04 tufnol bearings
From: Tony Renshaw <tonyrenshaw@ozemail.com.au>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 15:56:14

Jeremy,
Details

Top horizontal edge is 102
Bottom "              "      69
They are vertically centralised i.e. they are mirror about a vertical mid axis.
Both above edges are 50.5 mm apart.
Top holes are 11 down from top horiz edge and 11 from corner of top horiz and
adjoining angled side edge
Bottom holes are 11 up from bottom horiz edge and 4 mm in from corner of bottom
horiz and adjoining angled side edge.
The big hole is in the middle and is irrelevant at this stage. As I recall the
issue of where to put the ribs was determined by the holes cut in the vertical
face of the thigh support front face.The cutting lines are marked on the
module. If you then locate your ribs to allow enough space for the cloth that
supports the ribs in the vertical layups when the module is in its natural
orientation, against the inside of the front face of the thigh support ( I left
1/2" ) , well this is where you get washer crowding. The washers are big, and
the bottom ones aren't an issue. Neither are the top ones as you can easily cut
keyholes for the bolt tails and the nuts and washers after if you have to. It
doesn't effect the strength. I have sent a photo to you directly prior to
answering this. Hope this helps.
Reg
Tony Renshaw
Sydney Australia