RE: Europa-List: CS props

Subject: RE: Europa-List: CS props
From: Tony S. Krzyzewski <tonyk@kaon.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2003 07:42:00

Have a look in the Europa accessories guide for the Airmaster CS Prop.

I fly the Airmaster test aircraft which is a Classic 912 powered
aircraft. I can't remember the c of g shift on ZK-UBD as it was a long
time ago that it was fitted. It wasn't huge and we were able to keep the
16AH battery on the forward shelf. That said, I have noticed the
aircraft is happier in the cruise when I've got bags loaded so planning
an aft battery location at the same time would be my personal
recommendation.

On engine weight with blades and spinner is 11.8kg, controller is 0.3kg.

Airmaster can either do a retrofit to your existing spinner if you send
it to them or can supply a new one.

Any CS prop will make a big difference to the way a 912 classic flies.
I did some testing with the pitch fixed at 17 degrees a couple of weeks
ago and I'd forgotten what a difference the CS prop makes on takeoff and
landing. The takeoff seemed to take forever and I found I was to making
my approaches shallower. With the big airbrake out the front in fine
pitch I tend to come in high, descend at a fairly steep angle and then
apply power into the flare to arrest the sink.

Tony [one unpaid but very happy CS prop test pilot]