Europa-List: Aileron alignment

Subject: Europa-List: Aileron alignment
From: John & Amy Eckel <eckel1@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 19:54:08

I am in the process of attaching my port aileron to an XS wing.
I noticed that the upper surface of the aileron is 5/16 inch lower than
where it should match the wing tip. At the flap end it is 1/4 inch
lower.
I called SteveD to ask how his ailerons fit. They are okay, but we
discovered that his are 2 inches thick at the outboard end and mine
are 1 3/4 inches. Therein lies the problem.
I received my Stage one kit in Oct 2001.  I would suggest that If you
haven't started your aileron lay-ups you check the thickness of the
foam cores before you start.
Hope this saves someone some work.
John Eckel
A230