Re: Europa-List: Mounting fuel pumps

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Mounting fuel pumps
From: Fred Fillinger <fillinger@ameritech.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 10:08:24

Peter Zutrauen wrote:

 > I wonder if the temp of the fuel in the 'short-circuit' is still kept
 > low enough to avoid vapour-lock on hot days (versus taking the cooler
 > fuel from the tank)?
 >
 > > If I understand it right He put a "T" upstream of both pump inlets
 > > and hooked the return line into the supply line. Then he put
 > > a check valve ahead of this so that the fuel can't be pumped back
 > > into the tank.

Also any alternate method needs to ensure that fuel pressure does not
exceed 5.1 psi differential pressure in all conditions as specified by
Rotax, else the engine could flood.  As described in the original post,
it seems like excessive pressure could happen.  As far as I know,
measuring fuel pressure relative to airbox pressure requires either
electronic or pneumatic jury-rigging to obtain an accurate reading.

Regards,
Fred F.
N3EU