Re: Europa-List: converting a mono wheel to conventional

Subject: Re: Europa-List: converting a mono wheel to conventional
From: Robert Berube <bberube@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2003 21:58:33

Paul,
Sorry we will not see you at the Open House this year but do look forward to
seeing your bird fly soon.  We have installed several gear on new kits but
only one on an existing monowheel.  The hardest part of an existing
conversion is inverting the fuselage to do the bottom work, otherwise nearly
as easy as on a new kit.

Several of our builders are experiencing the same situation with trailers.
While at Europa, I contacted at least 10 trailer manufactuers to see they
could build trailers for the monowheel.  Some even took the existing trailer
to their facility and kept it for days but would always come back with a
negative response.  The trailer does look simple but it is very labor
intensive.  I suspect if we would of asked them to build at least 100 of
them, the response may have been more favorable.  Trailers for the tri-gear
need only be a simple flat bed utility trailer with a bed width of 6' 10
inch and an axle of the 102 inch variety.  We purchased a 1 year old trailer
used for $400.00 and it works perfectly.

Bob Berube A166