Re: Europa-List: Door Gas Strut Mod.

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Door Gas Strut Mod.
From: James H Nelson <europajim@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 09:35:26

William,
        Just reverse the mounting of the lift strut.  You mount the  cyl.
to the fuselage near the top of the fuselage door opening and mount the
cyl to the door about 9" down the door (from the top).  this puts the
stresses on the door away from the hinge.  Thus eliminating the lifting
of the door at the back.  You have to make a mount to attach to the door
but that is easy.  I used a piece of aluminum angle that I rivited to the
door with two layers of bid over the base.  This in effect moved the
mounting bracket from the top of the door to a position about 9" down the
door edge.  With some carefull measuring it is really an easy task. If
you want some pix I can e-mail them to you.

Jim Nelson
N15JN