Europa-List: Door Gas Strut Mod.

Subject: Europa-List: Door Gas Strut Mod.
From: William Mills <combined.merchants@virgin.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 06:41:22

All,
Some time ago on the forum a member came up with a good idea for improving the
door strut operation.  I seem to remember it involved the gas strut operating
a pair of hinged aluminium angle legs to open the door, so that all the force
of the gas strut was contained by the aluminium angles when in the closed
position
and not by the corner of the door.  If anyone has done such a mod I would
very much like to hear from them.  Also, is there a method to persuade the door
corners back to the correct shape?
Best wishes,
William