Re: Europa-List: GPS Aerial

Subject: Re: Europa-List: GPS Aerial
From: Terry Seaver <terrys@cisco.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 10:02:19

Hi Richard,

we originally had our Skymap antenna inside the panel, at the very top, above
the retraction lever cutout. Early in flight testing I had trouble with the GPS
losing lock. We tried moving the antenna around and found it did not like being
above the radios and instruments in the panel. Even when it was placed on top
of the instrument panel it had problems. We eventually moved it up in the
overhead area, where it has worked fine since. It does not mind being
underneath fiberglass of plexiglass. It was the radios and/or instruments below
it that caused the problem.

regards,
Terry Seaver
A135 / N135TD