Re: Europa-List: GPS Aerial

Subject: Re: Europa-List: GPS Aerial
From: Ian Mansfeld <ianmansfeld@lineone.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 18:57:50

Richard,

The 'binnacle' is plastic and so transparent to GPS frequencies, so no
problem there. However, you may want to try it first before a permanent fit,
as these aerials can easily pick up noise from other avionics. It is
generally a good idea to keep GPS aerials at least 6 inches away from other
transmitting stuff.

Ian.