Re: Europa-List: Cruise speed.

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Cruise speed.
From: DJA727@aol.com
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 14:23:18

In a message dated 2/17/2003 11:06:00 AM Pacific Standard Time,
RobH@hyperion-ef.com writes:

> Dennis reports that his 900 lb (that's not a typo) XS Monowheel climbs
> (solo) at 1700 fpm and cruses at 100% power, 18,000 MSL at 220 MPH.  At 75%
> power cruise speed is 185 MPH.  See

---From what I see on the long wing, this is possible, He has an intercooler
also (as well as O200 mounts!!). I am seeing over  1500 fpm climb at 5,000
msl and I am not using full power - I am using33 inches MP vs take off
maximum of 39 inches. Since excess thrust horse power is proportional to
climb performance, a conservative way o estimate the increased climb using
full power would be 39/33 X 1500 = 1,775 fpm. Of course, the improvement
would be better since some of that 33 inches are used for maintaining level
flight and are not a part o the excess thrust available for climb.
eventually, I will get the power up there and see what I get!

Dave A227