Re: Europa-List: Re: Europa-List Digest: 29 Msgs - 02/14/03

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Europa-List Digest: 29 Msgs - 02/14/03
From: DJA727@aol.com
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 22:31:06

In a message dated 2/15/2003 11:17:32 AM Pacific Standard Time,
graham@gflight.f9.co.uk writes:

> There is a difference between the Rotax company mounts and the Europa
> company mounts, both dimensionally and hardness. The Europa ones are
> certainly too stiff, isn't there a factory mod to rectify this, longer
> distance tubes to reduce the compression?
> When we first installed our Classic engine the rubbers were so stiff the
> washers compressing them went conical. Lengthening the tubes made quite a
> difference.

I made a semi breakthrough today. The engine motion seemed too much -- more
than any airplane I have ever seen. I concluded it was too much and tried an
idea. The Europa mounts insert is slightly shorter than the rubber to allow
compression. I had made mine the same length -- per what Dennis did. I also
notice the mounts are slightly shorter than the Europa mounts. I tried a
comparable shortening of the insert and the results are good -- the engine
now moves more than the standard mounts, but not too much. It is more like I
expect it to be. Darkness and weather prevented running. I think this is the
last iteration in this engine mount fiasco.
Dave A227