Re: Europa-List: New Builder with Question

Subject: Re: Europa-List: New Builder with Question
From: JW <xs191@attbi.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 09:18:10

Al.

   There is a breakdown in the manual.  I don't have it in front of me, so I
can't
say where.  Anyway, the torque tube is not a two piece unit.  Just make
absolutely
sure you don't swap any of the pieces around.  The orientation of the
parts, and the torque tube itself must be maintained.  This may not seem
important,
but it most certainly is.  Even the torque tube itself should remain the
same side up.  Mark it with a Sharpie or something.  This all assumes Olaf did
it right in  the first place.  Regarding the pins.  They must be very tight
in their respective holes.  If they're almost too snug to move, do NOT
adjust the holes or pins to make them easier.  By the way, there is another
builder
in Mesa.  You'll probably get a response from him as well.

    Happy building!
        Jeff

Alan Stills wrote:

> Hello all,
> My name is Al Stills from Phoenix, Ariz. I purchased Olaf Asmis's, A095 in
> December
02, and am currently building. I'm just finishing up the tailplanes and
have a question I hope can be answered. Olaf sorta jumped ahead and installed
the torque tube into the fuselage and I now have to take it out to finish off
the tailplanes. I can find no schematic on the torque assembly and am trying
to take it out to finish off the tailplanes. My question is, is the torque tube
assembly a 2 piece assembly the comes apart when the pins and cotter pins are
removed or is it permament once installed. Any help will be appreciated.

                                                      Al Stills