Re: Europa-List: registration marking

Subject: Re: Europa-List: registration marking
From: Nigel Charles <nigelcharles@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 09:31:25

I don't think the CAA are too concerned about the font style if it is easily
read. The more difficult decision is the font size. The stipulated legal
size is too big for the Europa fuselage as the letters curve around the top
making them less legible. I sent them a letter and obtained approval for a
smaller letter size. To make my point I taped letters on the side of the
fuselage in both my intended size and the legal size and took photos. They
sent me a letter of approval without any problem. I see other Europas with
even smaller registration letters. Whether they have approval I don't know
but I did not want to risk having to repaint just because I hadn't got CAA
approval.

Nigel Charles