Re: Europa-List: Long wing CG

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Long wing CG
From: DJA727@aol.com
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 12:27:15

In a message dated 2/7/2003 9:21:16 AM Pacific Standard Time,
peterz@zutrasoft.com writes:

> I remember in my glider ride, that John had her trimmed up at around
> 45-50mph indicated (I did not look if he had any more up-trim left - but he
> didn't just push the trim to it's limit).... I wonder what that plane's cg
> is at? did you chat with John?  What trim speeds did you get in the demo?

They added ballast o the tail to get the CG aft. I don't know where it is
right now, but I added the same amount of weight to get it back to 60.6. When
I was trimmed for approach, I had about 25% trim forward of the aft limit
when I flew it. I typically was flying 65 mph on approach initially and that
was what I trimmed for. The trim was neutral for the takeoff setting. The
stall was a non event -- the airplane barely would buffet and it just saw an
increased sink rate -- very mild stall. I will know more about mine in a few
days/weeks.

Dave