Europa-List: Kit numbers

Subject: Europa-List: Kit numbers
From: Fergus Kyle <VE3LVO@rac.ca>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 16:00:05

">How come some kits have an 'a' prefix to the s/n?
Alex - those identify kits sold by the US office of Europa. There are
some Europas in USA without the prefix, which were sold direct from
Yorkshire before the Florida office was set up. Although there are
also Europa representatives in other countries, as far as I know USA
& Argentina are the only ones with their own kit number sequences.
regards   Rowland"
            May I add to that? I tried to correspond my A number to the Uk
and etc numbers, but factory couldn't say.........wanted to know how I was
doing against the 'competition'. I doscovered the serial numbers of the
components - fuze top, canoe, cockpit etc. My A064 seems to correlate to
#319 when I compare serial nos. with Brit folk. I would be happy to compare
for someone around my timeline if so wanted.
Ferg
A064
PS: I'm now so far behind it doesn't matter