Re: mounting a skyforce

Subject: Re: mounting a skyforce
From: Brian Davies <bdavies@dircon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 10:32:39
Richard,
I have not fitted a skyforce to my Europa yet but I have been through this
issue on my PA28.
I orginally fitted the complex "quick release" rack and found it a real
pain.  I then constructed a simple ally back plate with a cut out for the
multipin connector and the aerial connector, with long enough leads so that
you can disconnect after release from the back plate, and held the unit in
place using the two spring clips that Sky force use on their other mounting
options.  It works very well.  I considered velcro, but you need to "peel"
velcro off, so it is quite difficult to get it to release if the unit is
mounted inside a box, as you suggested.

Brian Davies kit 454