mounting a skyforce

Subject: mounting a skyforce
From: Richard <riddon@btinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 23:00:42
I have just taken delivery of my Skyforce 111C.

I was wondering how other have mounted the Skyforce into their panels?

I have looked at an 'official' rack mount kit which seems quite complex with
springs, catches, extra wiring & connectors etc. and weighing about half
again the weight of the Skyforce unit itself.  This seems way OTT and I
wondered about making a mould of the back half of the unit, cutting out my
panel to the right size and mounting the moulded half inside the panel.  The
unit would the sit snugly in the mould leaving the face almost flush with
the panel and I could then simply use sticky backed velcro to hold the unit
in place when needed.

Is this too simple a solution?  Any other ideas very welcome.

Richard Iddon G-RIXS still trying to work out where all those wires go!!!