Re: Chat frequencies

Subject: Re: Chat frequencies
From: Paul Boulet <possible2do@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2003 08:03:35

Us Yanks have solved the problem by using 123.4567890
Of course the radio will set you back a bit
Cheers
Paul (call sign omitted)
 david joyce <davidjoyce@beeb.net> wrote:I have sent off my message to the CAA
asking for a dedicated chat frequency but as a short term solution to the
problem
perhaps I could suggest the following:
With a little bit of common sense I guess we could get away with using one of
the
gliding frequencies. 130.1 and 130.125 are used almost entirely for gliding
chat, with typical messages of 'Where have you got to,Jim?' or 'I've found a
cracking thermal over Moreton in the Marsh'.Occasionally one or other frequency
will be used more professionally to control a competition,