Re: [Building] 2 items - service bulletins on

Subject: Re: [Building] 2 items - service bulletins on
From: Graham Singleton <grasingleton@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 20:53:30

>When you consider that every water cooled automobile engine has a
>coolant temperature monitoring system I am still amazed that Rotax don't
>have provision for the same on their engines.
>
>Tony

Tony
So am I. All it would need is a flap on the cooling air inlet, which would
reduce the cooling drag. When the airplane is as slippery as the Europa is
Same with EZs. Klaus (Savier) built his own carbon fibre oil sump, (for his
O-200.) streamlined for the airflow whistling past it. He is the fastest
around, 245 mph at last count I think. (Average speed in a race.)
Graham