Nav-Strobe Lts

Subject: Nav-Strobe Lts
From: Hans - Peter Reusser <hpreusser@datacomm.ch>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 23:08:03
I am working on my XS-wings and am considering to mount nav and strobe lts.
Now I have a few questions and hope somebody can give me some hints:

-         Did anybody figure out what the performance penalty is for fitting,
e.g.
a Whelen A 600 or similar unit to the wingtip?
-         I would prefer to mount the coloured nav ligth as well as the strobe
light to the leading tip corner of the wing under         a common acrylic
wingtip
lense.(like they do it on the airliners) Would there be a heat problem from
the lights under         the lenses?
-        Does anybody have knowledge of instructions on how to form acrylic glas
a given shape?
-        Has anybody fitted a landing light into the wing leading edge of an XS
wing under an acrylic glas cover? if yes could         you give me some advice
how
you've done it?
-        And now one final question: If I cut holes into the wing ribs for
flexible
tubes to run throug for the nav light wires,         do these holes need some
strenghtening lay ups?

Many thanks for your help
Hans-Peter Kit # 498

Hans-Peter und Christa Reusser    Tel:         +41 (33) 654 00 24
Spiezbergstr. 13                  Fax:         +41 (33) 654 30 21