Re: Please remind me where the Europa flightsim p

Subject: Re: Please remind me where the Europa flightsim p
From: Fred Fillinger <fillinger@ameritech.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 18:31:52
> I too desire a monowheel version - but not had time to get to grips with the
> template editor, too busy attempting to fit in progressing with my workshop
> between a very hectic work schedule :-(

Seems that later versions of FS cannot deal with a 4-wheeled aircraft!
There are landing gear "scrape points" in the *.air file and must be
3.  Then there's the 3-D graphic image you draw, but any appendage not
a gear scrape point means crash detect - before the A/C even begins to
move.  I thought you could then just draw the outriggers longer than
the extended monowheel and not call latter a gear.  It merely won't
retract, but then other weird things happened, as in needing to move
the CG excessively aft relative the outriggers.  Maybe FS2002 is now
OK or I did something wrong, but for me there's nothing learned in the
second (and 3rd, 4th) kick of the mule!

Best,
Fred F.