Re: 2 items - service bulletins on Rotax and mag check.

Subject: Re: 2 items - service bulletins on Rotax and mag check.
From: Jim Brown <acrojim@cfl.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 09:12:59
Dave;

I normally do my run up at 3800, and I usually get around 250 RPM drop, on each
side. I have about the same results  as you at 4100 RPM.

In flight at 5300 RPM and 33" MP the EGT's  are around 1550.

Rotax also issued a service letter at the same time concurrent with the overflow
bottle service bulletin, which deals with the correct mixture for the Anti
-Freeze mixture. The service letter is SL 912-009 and SL 914-008. Rotax is
calling for a mixture of 50% antifreeze/water

The overflow bottle SB914-025 only affects engine serial #s up to S/N 4,420.316
The Service Bulletin for the 912 series is SB-912-039

Jim Brown
N398JB