Re: Off-tarmac Tri-gear Operation

Subject: Re: Off-tarmac Tri-gear Operation
From: Kevin Taylor <kevin@eastyorkshire.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 11:09:29
Chuck,

I quite surprised that you haven't had more posts on the subject.

I have a trigear and fly 90% of times on grass. I guess it depends on your
idea of sown grass and "relatively smooth" however I haven't experienced a
problem. I treat the nose wheel like its made from glass and keep the weight
off it where possible for as long as possible. I find that one in the roll
you can unload the nose almost immediately anyway and let the main gear ride
any bumps. It does bob up and down a bit if you are taxiing on rough grass
but that's no problem at all. Like everyone I have had the odd bad landing
and its stayed in one piece so far. I don't think you would have a problem
at all but I don't know what kind of strips you want to go to.

Regards
Kevin
GOURO UK