Re: microair radio

Subject: Re: microair radio
From: Paul Atkinson <paul@theatkinsons.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 13:22:01
Richard

Yes............
They are light, small, and not expensive(as opposed to cheap). The radio
is only 4 watts but that doesn't seem to be a disadvantage. In terms of
reception I have picked up traffic at least 70mi away from my garage
loud and clear with an untuned antenna. The latest version is more
powerful but I am not sure if it is available yet. In any case it will
probably be some time before it gets the necessary approvals to be used
here. As for delivery times, my transponder took a couple of months. I
brought the radio off the shelf at Sun n Fun.

Paul