Re: Jabiru engine mount

Subject: Re: Jabiru engine mount
From: bizzarro@easynet.co.uk
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 11:33:27
Hi

There are some curious goings on with engine mounts for Jabiru engines at the
moment. We were the first people (so I believe) to purchase an Australian kit
based on the Australian Jabiru prototype, the prototype being Alan Bowdens in
Australia. They sent us a mount that was too long. The engine fitted, but it
was a mount for a 2200. Jabiru then sent us an engineering drawing which had 2

different dimensions for the same part of the frame. This was questioned with
them. They were to look into it.

In the end, we gave up and purchased a mount from ST Aviation in the UK, who
developed their own, and this fitted fine although we suspect that it puts the

engine in a slightly lower position than the Jabiru mount, by about an inch. We

have modifed the cooling ducts and all is well now. Also we had to make slight

adjustment to the Europa side of the mount as the engine was pointing in the
wrong direction, ie left of centre instead of right of centre. This was not a
major problem though.

Our Jabiru mount is now on its way back to Australia as we speak.

Regards

Eddie

This mail sent through http://www.easynetdial.co.uk