Re: Jabiru engine mount

Subject: Re: Jabiru engine mount
From: R.C.Harrison <ptag.dev@ukonline.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 08:44:33
Hi! Cleve.
My engine mount was specifically made by the UK Distributor......and after 4
mounts they got it
very close to right ....but the clearances between the torsional members at
the bottom where it straddles the carb float chamber is much too close for
comfort. I have to rotate the carb to be just clear of the port side to be
sure it clears the starboard side when the engine torque reaction happens,
otherwise the float chamber hits the starboard side.
The principle behind the ring mount is of course to enable suitable
positioning of the tie members to NOT interfere with such as alternator
mounts and ignition coil supports but having made that point I had a major
battle with the PFA because the port TOP tie member had to be
1/2" to port of the port TOP node. ( They were unhappy that the member
didn't attach at the node.
However common sense eventually prevailed)
I would have thought that by now such discrepancies would have been ironed
out especially when your FWF kit came from the ORACLES!
When you have sorted this out be sure to have the top MALE rubber spigots
inserted FROM THE FRONT
if by any chance your installation instructions haven't been updated.(Bottom
ones from the rear!)

Regards
Bob Harrison  G-PTAG  Europa MKI/Jabiru 3300 #084