First Flight Preparation

Subject: First Flight Preparation
From: DJA727@aol.com
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 11:41:37
Hello all,

Yesterday was a serious day in the Mini U2 project. I installed the wings for
the last time, after making a few changes and checking the control system
again. I am now looking at having the FAA inspection and paperwork in about 1
to 2 weeks. This brings up some points. I am actually going to fly this thing
and could use the advise of those who have gone before:

Can anyone give me some tips as to critical items to check -- the ones that
can get you killed? I will us the same philosophy here that I do with cockpit
checklists - I only have items that can get me in trouble. Those checklists
usually evolve over a period of time through experience. If you were going to
check one or 2 things on the airplane, what would you check?

Pitch trim friction?
flight control security?
Lubrication of controls and engine controls?
Proper control travel (long wings - different than short)

I am checking thing quite well, but could use any inputs out there from
experience. I of course will be using the flight manual checklist for all
those items listed. This is getting serious!

Dave
A227
Mini U2