Re: XS Sternpost

Subject: Re: XS Sternpost
From: Fergus Kyle <VE3LVO@rac.ca>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 14:46:54

----- Original Message -----
From: "Graham Singleton" <grasingleton@avnet.co.uk>

> At 12:15 13/12/2002 +1030, you wrote:
> >If you open them (generally not recommended but our firewall has a very
> >agressive virus scanner which is updated hourly) you will find that they
> >are text files added by whatever Virus software Graham has on his
machine.
> >Nick
>
> THat sounds right, Nick. Having been let down by once a week Norton I
> thought I'd try AVG, free version. I suspect I need to update more often
so
> I must do a bit of homework and try to make it automatic.
> Graham
> BTW the last virus that got through my firewall was one of the Opaserv
ones.

Graham,
            Right. I have a message after Symantec Norton AntiVirus scan
which says I have "W32.Opaserv.exe" installed in Windows/sysbackup/win.ini.
However when briefed by Norton's reaction message, I am invited to delete
"win.ini" but it doesn't happen. I have resorted to several other methods of
detection and I don't think there IS a valid folder "Sysbackup/win.ini".
            Perhaps this disease is ethereal and there is nothing but as
ghost message. ....open to flames on this one.
Ferg